I was going to stop at #31, but I figured that was silly. So, the list continues on! Enjoy.
PS – I got a ton of take down notices, so you’ll have to listen via Spotify.
30) :Mystery Lights – Follow Me Home: Daptone launched a rock imprint – WICK – in 2016, and this Mystery Lights single was its first release. I dig how loud and sloppy it is.
29) :Weaves – Coo Coo: If you like things that are clever and quirky, then this song from Weaves will delight you.
28) :Twin Peaks – Walk To The One You Love: This might be my favorite Twin Peaks track. It’s such a breezy slice of garage pop.
27) :Frankie Cosmos – On The Lips: I’m all about Greta Kline (aka Frankie Cosmos) and her rather sincere voice here. Also, I appreciate that this song mentions David Blaine.
26) :The Tallest Man On Earth – Time Of The Blue: Kristian Matsson (aka The Tallest Man On Earth) cut this late one night while out on the road. I think it’s one of his better songs.
25) :Field Mouse – The Mirror: Mostly 90s, sort of emo, entirely great. That’s probably the best way to describe this one from Field Mouse.
24) :The Hotelier – Piano Player: The Hotelier offer up a lot of song here (roughly six swirling minutes worth), but thankfully it’s a great ride that’s totally worth the time and attention it requires.
23) :Tancred – Control Me: Here’s one of my favorite 90s-inspired tracks of 2016. It’s just about perfect. Good work, Tancred.
22) :LIV – Wings of Love: This is a fantastic Fleetwood Mac-like effort from LIV, a “supergroup” that features Lykke Li, Miike Snow’s Andrew Wyatt and Pontus Winnberg, Peter Bjorn & John’s Björn Yttling and producer Jeff Bhasker.
21) :Priests – JJ: Frontwoman Katie Alice Greer destroys in this Priests track. That voice of hers is just so very rad.