And the list continues on. Enjoy.
PS – I got a ton of take down notices, so you’ll have to listen via Spotify.
20) :Thee Oh Seees – Plastic Plant: Out of all the music that Thee Oh Sees released in 2016 (two albums worth, to be exact), this track is my favorite. Total jam.
19) :King Khan – Never Hold On: The normally noisy King Khan contributed this gem to the soundtrack for The Invaders. He should do more slow burners.
18) :Hazel English – Make It Better: Here’s one that I’ve been glued to since I first heart it. There’s just something hypnotic about Hazel English.
17) :Chook Race – Sometimes: If you’re all about jangly pop, then this one from Chook Race is a must-listen for you.
16) :Tangerine – Sunset: This infectious pop tune from Tangerine is totally something that more people should have been yammering about in 2016.
15) :Terry Malts – Used To Be: I’ve jammed the hell out of this Terry Malts song. Those guys sure know how to write a hook.
14) :Lucy Dacus – I Don’t Wanna Be Funny Anymore: I believe this one from Lucy Dacus was actually put out in late 2015, but I didn’t catch it until the re-release this year. So it counts! Anyhow, it’s a stellar track that drips with sincerity.
13) :Car Seat Headrest – Does It Feel Good (To Say Goodbye): This song by Car Seat Headrest is from the soundtrack for a short film called Loudini. It makes me want so sit on a porch somewhere with a bottle of whiskey.
12) :Nothing – ACD (Abscessive Compulsive Disorder): If you still need to get in some quality shoegazing before 2016 fully comes to a close, I highly recommend doing it with this Nothing song blasting in your headphones.
11) :Fujiya And Miyagi – Serotonin Rushes: You’re dead if you can listen to this Fujiya And Miyagi track and not want to dance or at least smile.