29) :We Were Promised Jetpacks – I Keep It Composed: This swirling song reinvigorated my love for We Were Promised Jetpacks. I’m honestly not sure they’ve ever sounded as good as they do here. From Unraveling.
28) :Angel Olsen – Forgiven-Forgotten: While I like Angel Olsen’s slower and more intimate material, I found myself coming back to this little rocker of hers the most. From Burn Your Fire For No Witness.
27) :Shannon And The Clams – Mama: This Shannon And The Clams song is splendid and permanently on my go-to list for whenever I’m in the mood for soul/doo-wop-enthused music. From the band’s split with Guantanamo Baywatch.
25) :Tennis – I’m Callin’: I love this song for two reasons. 1) It’s wonderfully easy on the ears. 2) It fully completes Tennis‘ transition from lo-fi indie band to full on pop act. Not sure they could have done it any smoother. From Ritual In Repeat.
24) :Screaming Females – Wishing Well: Screaming Females usually go right after your face, but for this track they decided to dial things back a bit. It worked. In fact, I think this is probably their best song. From the Wishing Well single.
23) :Phantogram – Fall In Love: Phantogram blew up in 2014, and it was partly because of this single. To be honest, I think it ranks a little lower than some of their older songs, but I still love it. From Voices.
22) :The War On Drugs – Red Eyes: The War On Drugs really got me with this track. I had only ever just appreciated them and their Springsteen-ish ways, but this is so damn good that they’re now a favorite of mine. From Lost In The Dream.