While the short holiday week has things on the show-front a lot more quiet than usual, there’s still a gig that I’m really excited for, and it’s Night Beats and The Mystery Lights at the Mohawk on Friday. The latter just put out a solid retro rocker of a debut on Wick (it’s a Daptone Records spin-off), and the former released their psych-enthused third full length back in January. I’m guessing that the show is going to be loud, sweaty and awesome. Get in on it.
PS – Locals Rotten Mangos are set to open.
BONUS Show Recommendations:
- Roses, Jared Leibowich, Molly Burch, Tres Oui at Hotel Vegas
- Sailor Poon, King Khan (DJ set), Popper Burns, Yes Ma’am Brass Band at The Museum of Human Achievement
- A Sinclair, Ramesh, Thee Commons, The Villas at Barracuda
- Jack Oblivian, The Bad Lovers, Dirty Ghosts, The Sheiks at Hotel Vegas
- The Hex Dispensers, Drakulas, Empty Markets at the Spiderhouse Ballroom
- Tele Novella at The Townsend
- Mike and The Moonpies, Harvest Thieves at 3ten ACL Live
- Boogarins, Spray Paint, Marriage, Ghetto Ghouls at Hotel Vegas
- Annihilation Time, Fuck You Pay Me, Dirty Ghosts, Obedience at Barracuda
- MCG, Young Girls, Lou Rebecca, DJ Emily Rabbit at Cheer Up Charlies
- Flight of the Conchords, David O’Doherty at Bass Concert Hall