Trying to make sense of what Valentine’s Day means to people makes me understand how gullible human beings can be. We are suckers for a theme, a holiday, a reason to decorate or celebrate. It isn’t necessary for you to prove to someone you love that you LOVE them on one particular day or another, some card company somewhere decided that we all needed to be made to feel guilty if we don’t express our selves on Feb 14th, an arbitrary day on the calendar. Look I am a mushy guy, I actually love my wife, my daughter and I don’t need anyone to tell me that I have to get some really expensive flowers to say it, luckily my loves are not part of the BS game, we just like to eat candy. So with the absence of any substance this month, I am obliged to give you a list of metal that will tug at your heartstrings, maybe make you feel like ripping out your own heart and giving it to someone that will spit on it or something. Good luck out there and if you are flying solo for VDay live it up!
- Perfume Genius April 25, 2017
- 101X Homegrown Podcast April 24, 2017
- The War On Drugs April 24, 2017
- Movie Breakdown: Unforgettable April 21, 2017
- Raised Eyebrows: Choice Ra Cuts (Randy) April 21, 2017
- Raised Eyebrows: Making A Mixtape In 2013 (Randy) November 4, 2013
- The Suffers (Video Premiere) January 30, 2014
- Sound Samples: The Sour Notes September 4, 2012
- Movie Breakdown: John Dies At The End (Noah) February 8, 2013
- Top 50 Songs Of 2012: Part 1 November 26, 2012
- Jay: You are correct - unfortunate band name, catchy tu...
- Jay: A little Sharon Van Etten usually goes a long way....
- Jay: I think I might prefer Right Fred Said to this....
- Jay: I like the song. I like the video more. The LA T...
- Jay: Nice track. Thanks for posting. Whitney is aw...
101X 101x homegrown 2014 action bronson austin best of black books chvrches cloud nothings courtney barnett cymbals eat guitars dana falconberry diarrhea planet fidlar happy metal fun time hip hop hooray metal mikal cronin movie breakdown obn IIIs parquet courts polica pos raised eyebrows royal forest run the jewels sad bastard music screaming females shivery shakes show of the week speedy ortiz tame impala tele novella tennis terry malts that time of the month thee oh sees the men throwback thursday top 50 top 50 songs trailers ty segall weekly movie news rundown white denim