Because it’s a holiday weekend there’s a good chance that things will be a bit chaotic downtown. If that doesn’t sound particularly inviting to you, then here’s a great alternative plan – head to ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewing Co.) on Saturday to see the trash poet himself John Wesley Coleman III, SOTO-favs The Sour Notes and the buzzy indie pop act Rose Selavy. It’s FREE, and there’s quality food and beer to be had (this part isn’t free, but you’ll be fine). Have a blast.
If you’re down for whatever this weekend, here are some other shows worth catching.
- A Giant Dog, Drakulas, Borzoi at The Sidewinder
- The Eastern Sea, The Loblolly Boy, DJ Jake Brice at the Spiderhouse Ballroom
- Quiet Company, A. Sinclair, Demitasse at Holy Mountain
- Dark Rooms, The Clouds Are Ghosts, Neosho at the Mohawk
– The Rich Hands, Lochness Mobsters, Loteria, Mad Maude & The Hatters, The Bolos at Hotel Vegas
- Ex Cult, Dikes of Holland, Ghetto Ghouls, Ladywolf at Hotel Vegas
- The Donkeys, The Happen-Ins, Buxton at Holy Mountain
- The Early Stages, Austi, Mitch Frazier and the Radiation at the Sahara Lounge