It’s not news that weekends in Austin for a live music fan tend to consist of having to choose between several quality shows. For instance, I’ve already happily made my decision for this Friday night, but if I could fit in another show I would totally go see Horse Thief (via Denton and Oklahoma City) and Pageantry (also hailing from Denton). Both bands are excellent purveyors of a lush, layered, and an occasionally soaring, anthemic sound that is familiar and comforting but also pleasantly surprising and unexpected. Their show together is this Friday at the Historic Scoot Inn with Reed Turner. Go in my place and support some talent from our neighbors!
- Raised Eyebrows: 2016 Hangover (Randy) January 20, 2017
- Conor Oberst January 19, 2017
- Movie Breakdown: XXX: Return Of Xander Cage January 19, 2017
- Movie Breakdown: 20th Century Women January 19, 2017
- Show Of The Week January 18, 2017
- Raised Eyebrows: Making A Mixtape In 2013 (Randy) November 4, 2013
- The Suffers (Video Premiere) January 30, 2014
- Sound Samples: The Sour Notes September 4, 2012
- Movie Breakdown: John Dies At The End (Noah) February 8, 2013
- Top 50 Songs Of 2012: Part 1 November 26, 2012
- Dan Corbin: It actually made the list of top 10 Austin albums ...
- Jim Osmer: Never heard of him but enjoying this right now. H...
- Gavin: Miike Snow has been a favorite of mine for years. ...
- Jay: Is it me or this an incredibly obscure list? I h...
- Jay: Man, that is is my sweet spot. Nice tune, great v...
2014 abram shook action bronson austin best of black books chvrches courtney barnett cymbals eat guitars dana falconberry diarrhea planet dum dum girls fidlar happy metal fun time hip hop hooray joanna gruesome metal mikal cronin movie breakdown obn IIIs parquet courts polica pos raised eyebrows royal forest run the jewels sad bastard music screaming females shivery shakes show of the week speedy ortiz tame impala tele novella terry malts that time of the month thee oh sees the men the sour notes throwback thursday top 50 top 50 songs trailers ty segall weekly movie news rundown white denim