I’m not sure why, but all week I’ve totally had Be Your Own Pet on the brain. Now, I truly love both of the albums they put out before splitting up, but I think if I had to pick one I’d lean towards their self titled debut from 2006. It’s a total firecracker of an effort, and I still revisit it pretty often when I feel like thrashing around to a bunch of songs that a teenage girl wrote. Some of my favorites on the LP include Bunk Trunk Skunk, Bicycle Bicycle You Are My Bicycle, Adventure, and Ouch. Have fun revisiting it!
About John Laird
- Filthy Friends April 27, 2017
- Show Of The Week April 26, 2017
- Perfume Genius April 25, 2017
- 101X Homegrown Podcast April 24, 2017
- The War On Drugs April 24, 2017
- Raised Eyebrows: Making A Mixtape In 2013 (Randy) November 4, 2013
- The Suffers (Video Premiere) January 30, 2014
- Sound Samples: The Sour Notes September 4, 2012
- Movie Breakdown: John Dies At The End (Noah) February 8, 2013
- Top 50 Songs Of 2012: Part 1 November 26, 2012
- Jay: You are correct - unfortunate band name, catchy tu...
- Jay: A little Sharon Van Etten usually goes a long way....
- Jay: I think I might prefer Right Fred Said to this....
- Jay: I like the song. I like the video more. The LA T...
- Jay: Nice track. Thanks for posting. Whitney is aw...
101X 101x homegrown 2014 action bronson austin best of black books chvrches cloud nothings courtney barnett cymbals eat guitars dana falconberry diarrhea planet fidlar happy metal fun time hip hop hooray metal mikal cronin movie breakdown obn IIIs parquet courts polica pos raised eyebrows royal forest run the jewels sad bastard music screaming females shivery shakes show of the week speedy ortiz tame impala tele novella tennis terry malts that time of the month thee oh sees the men throwback thursday top 50 top 50 songs trailers ty segall weekly movie news rundown white denim